WINE INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION
REGULATIONS OF THE V INTERNATIONAL WINE CONTEST SMR WINES EDITION
ARTICLE 1.- SCOPE OF THE COMPETITION.
The scope of the Contest includes:
- Wines made mainly with a variety of grapes and belonging to a geographical indication or certified as "Varietal Wine".
- The wineries must send along with the registration form, certificate or sworn statement that the wines are made with a variety of grapes. The participation is restricted to wines that indicate their variety in the labeling, and according to the current regulations, wines belonging to a Protected Designation of Origin, a geographical indication or that are certified as "Varietal Wine". The participation of Wines from all over Spain is encouraged, with the aim of making them more present in the Spanish market and also in the WORLD, through various promotional actions planned. To the call of the Contest may attend natural and legal persons, associations and entities, which are producers of bottled wines.
ARTICLE 2.- INTERNATIONAL
SMR Wine Awards are international, so the organization will send an invitation to wine producers from around the world, allowing the figure of different curators, so they can have access to all data and systems of organization and operation of the Awards.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
ARTICLE 3.- CATEGORY OF THE WINES THAT CAN CONCURRATE
All the wines presented will concur in a single tasting, with the same general criteria.
ARTICLE 4.- REGISTRATION FEE
The registration fee is € 85 + VAT for wine presented (€ 102.85). The fee must be paid into the current account of SMR Wines. The registration fees will not be reimbursed for samples that do not arrive at destination due to loss or breakage, nor those received after the deadline, or that are excluded from the Contest due to non-compliance with the convening rules. The samples will be sent with the cost of transportation and home delivery duly paid.
ARTICLE 5.- REQUESTS AND PLACE OF PRESENTATION
The following information must be completed in the registration form:
- Complete and exact identification of the participant and the fiscal data of the company to which the subsequent invoice must be sent.
- Exact designation of the product, according to the regulations and its vintage.
- Geographical indication by which it protects its origin and other quality mentions, in case its labeling indicates it.
- Category of the product according to the established classification.
- Variety or varieties of grapes and their percentages.
- The registration forms duly completed and the payment document of registration fees must be submitted by ordinary or electronic mail in the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
ARTICLE 6. - SAMPLES
Samples of each wine must be presented at said address and will consist of 3 bottles of 0.75 liters. The bottles, with their full origin labeling, will be sent in a properly sealed packaging, which must reach its destination with the complete seals. Along with the samples, the following documentation will be attached:
- Original of the registration form. In case of online registration it will not be necessary.
- Certificate or sworn statement of the variety with which the wines presented are made.
- Receipt of income or transfer of the registration fee.
ARTICLE 7. - DIRECTOR COMMITTEE
The Contest will be developed under the authority of the Steering Committee, whose mission is to ensure the perfect development of the operations of preparation and examination of the samples, as well as the communication of the results. The Steering Committee will be constituted by:
- The President of the Competition will be Mr. Sebastian Mora Rodriguez.
- The Contest Director will be an enology professional of recognized prestige.
ARTICLE 8. - DIRECTOR OF THE COMPETITION
The Director of the Contest has the mission to guarantee its development in accordance with this Regulation. Its main objectives will be:
- Ensure the perfect development of the preparation and organoleptic examination of the samples and the communication of the results.
- Select and designate, on a personal basis, the members of the Juries and their presidents.
- To control, before the constitution of the Juries, the organization of the tasting, in particular the order of presentation of the wines.
- Verify compliance with current regulations, in particular that corresponding to Protected Designations of Origin (PDO) or Protected Geographical Indications (PGI).
ARTICLE 9. - DEVELOPMENT OF THE COMPETITION
The Contest Director will define and adopt the rules that he deems appropriate for the proper development of the Contest, guaranteeing compliance with these regulations. In particular those of:
Register and catalog the samples received and the corresponding documentation.
- Custodiate and preserve samples in appropriate conditions.
- Veel for the absolute anonymity of the wines submitted to tasting, as well as for the secrecy of the results until the end of the contest.
- Control the organization of the tasting sessions and their development, as well as the correct completion of the tasting sheet.
- To give all the members of the Tasting Judges the present Regulation and the rules that, in their case, they should apply in the development of the Contest. Relating to the members of the Jury
- The Juries will be formed by Winemakers, Sommeliers and Wine Distributors, Importers, Commercials and Wine Merchants, all of them Experts in Sensory Wine Analysis.
- The tastings of the contest will be held in Albacete.
- The members of the jury will be designated "intuitu personae" and may be replaced only by the authority that appointed them. In the calculation of results, a score will be assigned to each sample, which will be determined as the average of the scores awarded by the members of the Juries.
ARTICLE 10. - FUNCTIONING OF THE JURIES
1.- The Contest Director will be able to gather the Juries in one or several sessions of information and tasting in common, commenting or confronting opinions.
2.- The tasting sessions will be by varietals
3.- The juries will be informed of what variety they will taste in each session, in order that they can evaluate the most characteristic of each variety.
4.- The Juries will comply scrupulously with the rules of this Regulation, whose text will be at their disposal during the development of the Contest.
5.- Each member of the Jury will be obliged to respect the absolute anonymity of the samples as a fundamental principle of the Contest.
6.- Each member of the Jury will fill in the tasting card related to the presented sample, marking the evaluation box that he deems appropriate and signing it in the corresponding place. Not filling in all the boxes or the absence of a signature will lead to the cancellation of the form for all purposes.
7.- In the tasting sessions, which will be held preferably in the morning, each member of the jury may not taste more than 45 samples per day, without prejudice to the possible repetition of a tasting requested by the president of the jury, at the rate of three series of 15 samples of dry wines or two series of 15 samples of sweet wines, to which may be added a series of 10 samples from other categories.
ARTICLE 11. - ORDER OF PPRESENTATION AND TEMPERATURE OF THE SAMPLES
The same varietals will be tasted by the same juries according to the distribution of the Contest Director. The presentation of the samples to the juries will be made by successive homogeneous series in the following order:
1. Varieties of predominance in sparkling wine
2. Varieties of predominance in white wine
3. Varieties of predominance in wine Rosé
4. Varieties of predominance in wine Reds
5. Varieties of predominance in wine Specials In each category the dry wines are tasted before the sweet wines, and the young before the old ones. The tasting of the wines will take place at the following temperatures:
Wine of sparkling wines: 8 - 10 ° C
Wine wines: 8 - 10º C
Wine wines: 10 - 12 ° C
Wine wines: 14 - 16 ° C
Special Dry Wines: 8 - 10 ° C
Special Sweet Wines: 14 - 16º C
ARTICLE 12. - CATAS FORMAT AND PRIZE ALLOCATION
The tastings will be anonymous and all samples will be hidden and without the possibility of identification. The tasting sessions will be held on January 26 in Albacete. The Jury will award prizes in each wine category according to the following scores: Double Gold 92 - 100 points ??Gold 85 - 91 points ?? Silver 80 - 84 points The total number of awards granted may not exceed 30% of the total of samples submitted to the contest, nor will this 30% be exceeded in each of the contest categories. Wines awarded "Gold" and with a score equal to or higher than 92 points will be awarded the "Double Gold" distinction. If 10 or more samples of the same varietal are presented, a specific award category of that variety or of its production area can be created. The distinctions, in each of the categories, will consist of a diploma. The awarded wineries will not be able to make use of the Contest's logo, or the awarded Award badge, or reproduce their images in bottles, brochures or other advertising media, without the prior authorization of SMR Wines. The organization of the prizes will have identification of the prizes for use by the winning wines in their bottles (these stickers will be invoiced according to the necessary volumes, according to the rate published in advance of the awards ceremony). The granted distinctions may only be used in the labeling of the winning wine batch or batch, and only when its concession can be accredited by means of a certificate that the organization will issue after its concession. In compliance with the rules applicable in wine competitions, the organization of the contest will notify the competent Administration of the awarding of the prizes so that the bottling and distinction with the labels of the prizes obtained can be controlled. The wines (counter-samples) not used in the tasting sessions will be offered in a popular tasting.
ARTICLE 13.- PUBLICITY
The communications referred to the results of the Contest that are made by the winning wineries must be true to the truth, and may not allude to unofficial results. The wineries wishing to place on the bottles of the winning wines the label that certifies the obtaining of a distinction, may acquire them for this purpose in the organization, being strictly prohibited to place unofficial labels that state that they have reached any of the aforementioned distinctions.
ARTICLE 14. - COMPLIANCE WITH THE REGULATIONS
The registration form signed and stamped, necessary to participate in these awards SMR WINES, implicitly implies that the contestant comply with the rules established in this regulation through its articles.
Onlline food ordering
Food industry golbal solutions
|Wines and foods from Spain|
|The best entry level wines|
|Bag in Box wines.|